High Performance Trays
The increasing cost of energy and higher awareness of environmental concerns have led operating companies to look at ways to improve the energy efficiency of one of their highest energy consuming unit operations: mass transfer separation applications.
For new columns, Koch-Glitsch high-capacity trays can be used to reduce vessel diameters, heights, or both. For existing columns, Koch-Glitsch high-capacity trays can increase capacities, reduce utilities, and improve separations.
Improving column performance using high-performance trays can provide significant economic rewards, which include:
- An increase in column feed rates for the same energy consumption
- A reduction in the energy consumption for the same feed rate
- An improvement in product purity
- A reduction in absorption liquid circulation rates and a corresponding reduction in
regeneration energy cost requirements
- A reduction in pollutant discharge levels with no increase in scrubbing/stripping costs