This is a full-size fixed valve that is anything but conventional.
- The net rise typically ranges from 0.236 in [6 mm] to 0.551 in [14 mm], varying in 0.039 in [1 mm] increments. Other lifts may be available in some cases.
- This valve is also directional with the rear leg being visibly wider than the downstream front leg.
- As with any fixed valve, it can never become stuck to the deck nor can it spin.
- The large net rises available plus the directional liquid flow make this an outstanding anti-fouling valve. It is widely used on anti-fouling SUPERFLUX® trays.
- Using a large net rise ensures that large particles can freely pass through the deck openings.
- There are no protrusions below the deck for any material to hang up on and for deposits.
- The liquid push is strong enough to help solid material to be flushed downstream and toward the downcomer where it can exit off the tray deck.